This April is going to be a great time to do some spring skiing in Alta and have some fun participating in some great Alta events, a few even take place at our very own Alta Peruvian Lodge. Check out the upcoming events and remember to book early, spring skiing in Alta is a popular time!
Alta Events in April
April 6th- The Alta Gala is an annual event put on by Alta Community Enrichment, Friends of Alta and Alta Historical Society to raise money for these non-profit organizations as well as awareness of the arts, environment and history of Alta. The event goes from 6:30 to 11:00pm and costs $115 per person prior to March 23rd. After that it is $125 per person.
April 8th – Anyone coming to Alta for some spring skiing needs to take advantage of some of the great Alta events we having during the spring season. One of the best is the Annual Easter Egg hunt that Alta Community Enrichment puts on at the beginning of April. The event takes place at the Alta Java Area of the Albion Grill and starts at 11:00am. The event is open to kids under 12, but eggs go quickly, so make sure to get there on time!
April 6th – April 18th –This year, Alta will celebrate spring with “Alta in April” a week of Alta events for the whole family. These events include the Alta Gala and the Easter Egg hunt (mentioned above) and the many events listed below, and is sure to be a week full of fun for everyone doing some spring skiing in Alta this year. The April in Alta events include:
- Saturday, April 7: Powder House Ski Shop’s Spring Demo Day which will include live music and snacks on the GMD deck (weather permitting)
- Monday, April 9: Apres Ski Pool Party at our very own Alta Peruvian Lodge (Pool Deck, 4-6 pm)
- Tuesday, April 10: Apres Ski at Alta’s Rustler Lodge complete with wine and appetizers (Eagle’s Nest Lounge, 4-6pm)
- Wednesday, April 11: Apres Ski at the Shallow Shaft Restaurant featuring Epic Brewing (4-6 pm)
- Thursday, April 12: Apres Ski at The Snowpine Lodge with ski races in the afternoon on Sunnyside as well as beer and hotdogs at Alf’s Mid-Mountain Restaurant
- Friday, April 13: Freaky Friday Stretchpants and Sunglasses Costumed Ski Day (there are prizes for the “best dressed” which will be drawn on the GMD deck at 3:30 pm)
- Sunday, April 15: First Closing Day of the 2011-2012 ski season
Stay at the Alta Peruvian Lodge: A Great Headquarters for all of your Alta events!
The Alta Peruvian Lodge has been an Alta lodging staple for years, and this spring is no exception. We love spring skiing and we know you will too, so why not call our Alta Lodge staff today and book yourself a room?