We just hosted the Wasatch Backcountry Rescue 2013 International Dog School here at Alta again. For just a few days last week young rescue dogs in-training ruled the lodge.
So why don’t a dog’s paws seem to get cold in the snow? They’ve got built in paw warmers. A dogs paws don’t freeze in the snow thanks to special veins in their paw pads that circulate warm blood more effectively. Now you know.
Check out some photos and this short video of a simulated rescue.
VIDEO – Simulated avalanche burial rescue in the Alta backcountry
The snow pack up here in the Little Cottonwood Canyon is getting better every day. With the recent storms the skiing has been really good. Alta’s base should surpass 50” this week with more snow forecast for the weekend. So what do you consider to be the best snow depth for skiing Alta?
Well, the deeper and lighter the snow the better… right? Ok, I’ll rephrase the question. When do you feel comfortable putting away your rock skis for the season? I like to think 80” is (more…)
The summer is an extremely popular season for weddings in Alta, Utah, and even though our lodge may be closed to the general public, because of this we’re able to offer some great options for couples hoping to hold their wedding in a beautiful, scenic mountain venue. Our picturesque location offers a stunning backdrop to your special day, and we’ve hosted many happy ceremonies on our grounds, with quite a few already book for the upcoming season! To help ensure that the outdoor grounds are dry enough for the best outdoor event possible, most of our weddings guests tend to book with us no earlier than the end of June, but we are open for events from May onward.
Weddings in Alta Utah – Services
Since our hotel is officially closed for the season starting in April, we’re unable to offer lodging for you or your weddings guests. However, there are rooms available at the nearby Cliff Lodge allowing for you to spend a few days enjoying all that Alta, Utah has to offer in the summer.
As part of our Alta, Utah wedding package that includes a ceremony and reception at the lodge (available for a fee of $2,500.00) we can provide you with:
- Use of our dining room, the Alf Engen Meeting Room and our outdoor grounds
- Chairs and banquet tables as needed for both the ceremony and reception
- Full use of our public restrooms near the reception area
- Changing rooms for you and your guests
- Access to the lodge a few days prior to the event for you to set up decorations and furniture, as well as access to the lodge for a few days after the wedding for decoration and furniture take-down
- Access to the reception area and lodge for without a time-limit the evening of your reception. You can celebrate with your guests as late into the evening as you see fit!
Weddings in Alta Utah – Suggestions for the best Alta Wedding at Alta Peruvian Lodge
Without our regular hotel staff available, we cannot provide food or catering services, however, we can make our kitchens and spaces available to a catering company of your choice for food preparation and staging. To have the best wedding in Alta Utah possible, we suggest hiring a caterer who can provide the appropriate serving and bartending staff as well as their own dishes, silverware, linens, serving utensils, alcohol and can operate independently of a functioning kitchen. If that is an option for you, then our large kitchen-space offers the ideal staging location for your wedding banquet.
If you’re interested in finding out how the Alta Peruvian Lodge can help you have the wedding of your dreams, call our hotel’s General Manager, Todd Collins, at 801-742-3000. Todd can answer all of your questions about staging, what Alta, Utah wedding services we can provide as well as available dates for 2012.
Recently we’ve been inspired by a few posts circling the internet on Alta and the various accommodation choices available to visitors. Among those is the Alta Peruvian Lodge, our traditional ski lodge that has been an Alta landmark since 1948. We may be biased, but we think that there are a ton of great reasons to stay at our Alta lodge on during your next trip, and here are a few reasons why.
Why Stay at our Alta Lodge?
- 1. History and Charm. Our Alta lodge has been around for a long time, over 60 years in fact, and because of that, the Alta Peruvian Lodge has developed a unique character that’s hard to find anywhere else. With a classic ski lodge vibe, combined with great “new-world” amenities, our lodge has everything you need to experience a ski vacation, the way it’s meant to be.
- 2. We have everything you need for a fun vacation. From a games room and nightly movie to comfy common room and a great bar (for adult guests) we provide you with the means to create a fun, relaxing ski vacation for your entire group, regardless of age.
- 3. Perfect for relaxing. Looking to kick back after a long day on the slopes? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. With our amazing outdoor pools and hot tubs (which overlook the mountain), sauna and cozy common rooms, we guarantee that you have everything you need to relax after a great day of skiing.
- 4. We feed you! Having your breakfast, lunch and dinner included in your stay (as well as après ski treats) isn’t a common occurrence in the world of traditional ski lodges anymore, but luckily, the Alta Peruvian lodge as well as the other lodges in Alta have clung to the tradition of keeping our guests full and satisfied!
- 5. Great Staff (if we do say so ourselves). Our staff is made up of people who love to ski. That means that we have the passion, expertise and skills to help you get the most out of your trip to Alta. We’ve experienced it all when it comes to Alta, which makes us some of the best resources you can find and we want to share our knowledge with you.
- 6. In-house ski shop. Alta is known for its powder snow and having the right equipment is necessary to get the most out of your ski trip. Our in-house Alta Peruvian Lodge ski shop, is staffed with experienced skiers who know their gear and can help outfit effectively for our ski conditions.
Basically, we love skiing, we love Alta, and we think that if you like either or both of those things then you’ll love staying at the Alta Peruvian Lodge. If you agree why not try our Alta Lodge for your next ski vacation?