Tagged under Alta Hotel Events
No matter which season you decide to visit Alta, there are always plenty of great activities for both tourists and visitors alike! Come enjoy our vibrant local culture and see why so many people choose Alta as their favourite vacation destination. On Saturday September 8, the Alta Peruvian Lodge is hosting the exciting downhill dash at 4pm. Read below for more information on why you should attend this event!
Spring skiing is hugely popular in Alta and we have many great Alta events in the local ski areas as well as in town to keep you entertained during your spring skiing getaway!
Alta Events You Can’t miss in March
March 13th – 17th – The Subaru World Freeskiing Championships are coming to Snowbird Ski Area and spectators are encouraged (a valid lift ticket and ski equipment is necessary to access the spectator area). This is sure to be one of the many Alta events put on that are not to be missed by ski enthusiasts. Stop by and check out the great skills of some of the world’s best skiers and show your support.
March 17th – Join Steve Young, the former San Francisco 49er as well as a group of NFL athletes and Olympians for the Steve Young Celebrity Ski Classic on March 17th at Snowbird Ski Area, where they will be raising money for Wasatch Adaptive Sports programs. Presented by the Forever Young Foundation, Snowbird Ski Resort and American Airlines, this fundraiser is a great Alta event that combines the love of skiing with a good cause.
March 22nd – 23rd – If you’re coming to Alta with your kids for some spring skiing, we highly recommend stopping by The Living Planet Aquarium for OffSpring Fling from March 22nd to 23rd an Alta event that’s all about baby animals! With interactive activities, hands-on games, crafts and prizes, this is certain to be a fun day for your whole family and the event is free with public aquarium admission.
March 22nd – 25th – The 26th Annual ACE SnowFlake Festival & Chili Cookoff is being held from the 22nd to 25th of March this year, and will be four days of celebration all about the Town of Alta. One of our top Alta events, the festivities include:
- A kickoff dance party
- Mustache competition
- Snowshoe tours
- Games including: a gnome hunt, tug of war, fly casting contest, potato sack race and more
- Bingo night
- Annual chilli cookoff with prizes in both vegetarian and on-vegetarian categories
Where to stay for Alta Events – The Alta Peruvian Lodge
There are a lot of Alta events going on in March, and when you combine them with the great spring skiing we’re expecting, how can you not book a trip to an Alta lodge today? If you’re looking for a classic ski lodge with great amenities, why not try out the Alta Peruvian Lodge? We’ve been in Alta for over 60 years and we know exactly how to help you get the most out of your spring skiing trip.
Recently we’ve been inspired by a few posts circling the internet on Alta and the various accommodation choices available to visitors. Among those is the Alta Peruvian Lodge, our traditional ski lodge that has been an Alta landmark since 1948. We may be biased, but we think that there are a ton of great reasons to stay at our Alta lodge on during your next trip, and here are a few reasons why.
Why Stay at our Alta Lodge?
- 1. History and Charm. Our Alta lodge has been around for a long time, over 60 years in fact, and because of that, the Alta Peruvian Lodge has developed a unique character that’s hard to find anywhere else. With a classic ski lodge vibe, combined with great “new-world” amenities, our lodge has everything you need to experience a ski vacation, the way it’s meant to be.
- 2. We have everything you need for a fun vacation. From a games room and nightly movie to comfy common room and a great bar (for adult guests) we provide you with the means to create a fun, relaxing ski vacation for your entire group, regardless of age.
- 3. Perfect for relaxing. Looking to kick back after a long day on the slopes? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. With our amazing outdoor pools and hot tubs (which overlook the mountain), sauna and cozy common rooms, we guarantee that you have everything you need to relax after a great day of skiing.
- 4. We feed you! Having your breakfast, lunch and dinner included in your stay (as well as après ski treats) isn’t a common occurrence in the world of traditional ski lodges anymore, but luckily, the Alta Peruvian lodge as well as the other lodges in Alta have clung to the tradition of keeping our guests full and satisfied!
- 5. Great Staff (if we do say so ourselves). Our staff is made up of people who love to ski. That means that we have the passion, expertise and skills to help you get the most out of your trip to Alta. We’ve experienced it all when it comes to Alta, which makes us some of the best resources you can find and we want to share our knowledge with you.
- 6. In-house ski shop. Alta is known for its powder snow and having the right equipment is necessary to get the most out of your ski trip. Our in-house Alta Peruvian Lodge ski shop, is staffed with experienced skiers who know their gear and can help outfit effectively for our ski conditions.
Basically, we love skiing, we love Alta, and we think that if you like either or both of those things then you’ll love staying at the Alta Peruvian Lodge. If you agree why not try our Alta Lodge for your next ski vacation?
Many people like to visit the Alta Peruvian Lodge and other Alta Hotels for the season’s character our town has over the holidays. In February however, we get back down to what we know best, events specifically related to skiing and how you can improve your skills. This February we have a ton of great Alta events going on in the town and we hope that you’re able to take time out of your busy schedules to come visit our Alta Lodge and experiencing them all!
Alta Events in February
February 4th – During weekends in February in the Alta Ski Area, they’re holding Ski with a Ranger days one of their most popular Alta events where a highly trained volunteer from the Cottonwood Canyons Foundation will offer kids a fun learning experience on a groomed run while discussing local history, the environment and winter ecology. The event runs on Saturdays and Sundays at 1:30 pm and meets at the bottom of the Cecret Chairlift.
February 14th – What would February be without some great Valentine’s Day Alta events? On Tuesday February 14th at Our Lady of the Snows there will be a wine, chocolate and cheese tasting starting at 7pm. The event runs till 9:30 and is put on by the Alta Community Enrichment program and costs $15.00. The even requires pre-registration so if you’re coming to town with you sweetheart this Valentine’s day why not book early to make sure you can take part in this fun Alta event?
February 18th – 24th – Teen Freeride Camps are on during President’s Week in the Alta Ski Area. The camps are for teens aged 13-17 and help them improve their skills and get a better understanding of Alta’s great ski conditions. Skiers are not asked to commit to a certain number of days, making this Alta event perfect for vacationers. Check-in is at 8:30 am in the Ski Adventure Center and the camp runs till 4:30. The event cots $120 a day and includes lunch (doesn’t include lift tickets).
February 24th – 25th – The Telluride Mountainfilm Tour is coming to Alta this February. This informative event which is held at Our Lady of the Snows at 5:30pm on the 24th and 25th costs $5.00 per night and showcases some of the best films of the year from the Telluride MountainFilm Fest. Tickets are available at the door, and since you’re able to bring your own food, why not make a family picnic night out of it?
We still have Alta accommodations available for February but we’re filling up fast, so make sure you book quickly and don’t miss out on any of these great events.
Alta is a great place to visit all year-round, but we find that many people underestimate the appeal of coming to visit our Alta Peruvian Lodge in January! While the holidays are a popular time to travel to an Alta hotel, some of our guests find it a little too crowded for their tastes and they prefer coming when the holidays are winding down and taking advantage of some of the great Alta events we have going on after the decorations are put away!
December 31st – On New Year’s Eve, Alta holds its traditional torchlight parade and fireworks! It follows the main cat track and is open for visitors to participate (as long as they can hold a snowplow down the whole track!). If you’re just interested in watching, the Goldminers Daughter is a good location, or you can park along the road for a good view as well. Why not visit Alta for our last seasonal event of 2011, and get the New Year started off right?
January 13th & 14th – Throughout weekends in January 2012 (weather permitting) Alta Ski Area hosts recreational racing which is open to anyone who wants to participate! Gold, Silver and Bronze Alta pins are awarded to winners, which are chosen based on a handicap system by age and gender. These Ski events are a great way to improve your skiing skills, and enjoy a little friendly competition while you’re visiting an Alta hotel.
January 18th – 22nd – The North Face Master’s of Snowboarding competition takes place in the Snowbird Ski Area this weekend and spectators are welcome! This event is a big opportunity for snowboarders with a $15,000.00 cash prize purse going to the winner. All competitors over the age of 18 are welcome, so if you want to show your skill (or just watch some great snowboarding) why not stop by and check it out? This is a ski event not to be missed if you’re in the area!
January 20th – Are you concerned with the environment? Well if you’re staying at an Alta hotel on the 20th why not stop by the Living Planet Aquarium in nearby Sandy, Utah where they’re celebrating National Penguin Awareness Day with everything from a penguin feeding exhibit, to a penguin themed scavenger hunt! If you show up in all black and white or a tux, your admission is free!