Tagged under Christmas Events in Alta
Recently we’ve been inspired by a few posts circling the internet on Alta and the various accommodation choices available to visitors. Among those is the Alta Peruvian Lodge, our traditional ski lodge that has been an Alta landmark since 1948. We may be biased, but we think that there are a ton of great reasons to stay at our Alta lodge on during your next trip, and here are a few reasons why.
Why Stay at our Alta Lodge?
- 1. History and Charm. Our Alta lodge has been around for a long time, over 60 years in fact, and because of that, the Alta Peruvian Lodge has developed a unique character that’s hard to find anywhere else. With a classic ski lodge vibe, combined with great “new-world” amenities, our lodge has everything you need to experience a ski vacation, the way it’s meant to be.
- 2. We have everything you need for a fun vacation. From a games room and nightly movie to comfy common room and a great bar (for adult guests) we provide you with the means to create a fun, relaxing ski vacation for your entire group, regardless of age.
- 3. Perfect for relaxing. Looking to kick back after a long day on the slopes? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. With our amazing outdoor pools and hot tubs (which overlook the mountain), sauna and cozy common rooms, we guarantee that you have everything you need to relax after a great day of skiing.
- 4. We feed you! Having your breakfast, lunch and dinner included in your stay (as well as après ski treats) isn’t a common occurrence in the world of traditional ski lodges anymore, but luckily, the Alta Peruvian lodge as well as the other lodges in Alta have clung to the tradition of keeping our guests full and satisfied!
- 5. Great Staff (if we do say so ourselves). Our staff is made up of people who love to ski. That means that we have the passion, expertise and skills to help you get the most out of your trip to Alta. We’ve experienced it all when it comes to Alta, which makes us some of the best resources you can find and we want to share our knowledge with you.
- 6. In-house ski shop. Alta is known for its powder snow and having the right equipment is necessary to get the most out of your ski trip. Our in-house Alta Peruvian Lodge ski shop, is staffed with experienced skiers who know their gear and can help outfit effectively for our ski conditions.
Basically, we love skiing, we love Alta, and we think that if you like either or both of those things then you’ll love staying at the Alta Peruvian Lodge. If you agree why not try our Alta Lodge for your next ski vacation?
Many people like to visit the Alta Peruvian Lodge and other Alta Hotels for the season’s character our town has over the holidays. In February however, we get back down to what we know best, events specifically related to skiing and how you can improve your skills. This February we have a ton of great Alta events going on in the town and we hope that you’re able to take time out of your busy schedules to come visit our Alta Lodge and experiencing them all!
Alta Events in February
February 4th – During weekends in February in the Alta Ski Area, they’re holding Ski with a Ranger days one of their most popular Alta events where a highly trained volunteer from the Cottonwood Canyons Foundation will offer kids a fun learning experience on a groomed run while discussing local history, the environment and winter ecology. The event runs on Saturdays and Sundays at 1:30 pm and meets at the bottom of the Cecret Chairlift.
February 14th – What would February be without some great Valentine’s Day Alta events? On Tuesday February 14th at Our Lady of the Snows there will be a wine, chocolate and cheese tasting starting at 7pm. The event runs till 9:30 and is put on by the Alta Community Enrichment program and costs $15.00. The even requires pre-registration so if you’re coming to town with you sweetheart this Valentine’s day why not book early to make sure you can take part in this fun Alta event?
February 18th – 24th – Teen Freeride Camps are on during President’s Week in the Alta Ski Area. The camps are for teens aged 13-17 and help them improve their skills and get a better understanding of Alta’s great ski conditions. Skiers are not asked to commit to a certain number of days, making this Alta event perfect for vacationers. Check-in is at 8:30 am in the Ski Adventure Center and the camp runs till 4:30. The event cots $120 a day and includes lunch (doesn’t include lift tickets).
February 24th – 25th – The Telluride Mountainfilm Tour is coming to Alta this February. This informative event which is held at Our Lady of the Snows at 5:30pm on the 24th and 25th costs $5.00 per night and showcases some of the best films of the year from the Telluride MountainFilm Fest. Tickets are available at the door, and since you’re able to bring your own food, why not make a family picnic night out of it?
We still have Alta accommodations available for February but we’re filling up fast, so make sure you book quickly and don’t miss out on any of these great events.
Every year we get an enormous influx of visitors to the Alta Peruvian Lodge over the holiday hoping to take advantage of the great ski conditions in Alta, Utah, but skiing isn’t the only great thing going on in our town over the holidays! If you’re thinking of visiting the Alta hotel area in November or December, we recommend checking out the following events which are a great way to get into the seasonal spirit.
Gear Swap 2011, December 2 & 3 – The Annual Ace Gear Swap in Alta is a must-visit event at the beginning of the ski season. If you’re looking to upgrade your gear or simply get a great bargain you should stop by the event which shares 15% of every purchase with Alta Community Enrichment. Gear drop off takes place on December 2nd from 3:00pm – 7:00pm while the actual sales take place on December 3rd from 8:00am – 6:00pm. This is an extremely popular event in for guests of Alta, Ut hotels, so make sure to come by early so you don’t miss out!
Holiday Art Show & Sale, December 10 – Looking to buy some unique and local gifts for friends and family back home? Why not stop by this local event which features locally-crafted jewellery, arts and more!
Torchlight Parade & Fireworks, December 24 – A traditional holiday event here in Alta is the Snowbird Santa’s Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade & Fireworks. The event begins at dusk (around 6pm) with a torchlight parade down the mountain followed by a fabulous fireworks display.
The Alta hotel area is a great place to spend your holidays, but don’t wait too long to book! Our hotel is booking up quickly and space is limited. Call Alta Peruvian Lodge today for reservation details.