Tagged under traditional ski lodge
This April is going to be a great time to do some spring skiing in Alta and have some fun participating in some great Alta events, a few even take place at our very own Alta Peruvian Lodge. Check out the upcoming events and remember to book early, spring skiing in Alta is a popular time!
Alta Events in April
April 6th- The Alta Gala is an annual event put on by Alta Community Enrichment, Friends of Alta and Alta Historical Society to raise money for these non-profit organizations as well as awareness of the arts, environment and history of Alta. The event goes from 6:30 to 11:00pm and costs $115 per person prior to March 23rd. After that it is $125 per person.
April 8th – Anyone coming to Alta for some spring skiing needs to take advantage of some of the great Alta events we having during the spring season. One of the best is the Annual Easter Egg hunt that Alta Community Enrichment puts on at the beginning of April. The event takes place at the Alta Java Area of the Albion Grill and starts at 11:00am. The event is open to kids under 12, but eggs go quickly, so make sure to get there on time!
April 6th – April 18th –This year, Alta will celebrate spring with “Alta in April” a week of Alta events for the whole family. These events include the Alta Gala and the Easter Egg hunt (mentioned above) and the many events listed below, and is sure to be a week full of fun for everyone doing some spring skiing in Alta this year. The April in Alta events include:
- Saturday, April 7: Powder House Ski Shop’s Spring Demo Day which will include live music and snacks on the GMD deck (weather permitting)
- Monday, April 9: Apres Ski Pool Party at our very own Alta Peruvian Lodge (Pool Deck, 4-6 pm)
- Tuesday, April 10: Apres Ski at Alta’s Rustler Lodge complete with wine and appetizers (Eagle’s Nest Lounge, 4-6pm)
- Wednesday, April 11: Apres Ski at the Shallow Shaft Restaurant featuring Epic Brewing (4-6 pm)
- Thursday, April 12: Apres Ski at The Snowpine Lodge with ski races in the afternoon on Sunnyside as well as beer and hotdogs at Alf’s Mid-Mountain Restaurant
- Friday, April 13: Freaky Friday Stretchpants and Sunglasses Costumed Ski Day (there are prizes for the “best dressed” which will be drawn on the GMD deck at 3:30 pm)
- Sunday, April 15: First Closing Day of the 2011-2012 ski season
Stay at the Alta Peruvian Lodge: A Great Headquarters for all of your Alta events!
The Alta Peruvian Lodge has been an Alta lodging staple for years, and this spring is no exception. We love spring skiing and we know you will too, so why not call our Alta Lodge staff today and book yourself a room?
Spring skiing is hugely popular in Alta and we have many great Alta events in the local ski areas as well as in town to keep you entertained during your spring skiing getaway!
Alta Events You Can’t miss in March
March 13th – 17th – The Subaru World Freeskiing Championships are coming to Snowbird Ski Area and spectators are encouraged (a valid lift ticket and ski equipment is necessary to access the spectator area). This is sure to be one of the many Alta events put on that are not to be missed by ski enthusiasts. Stop by and check out the great skills of some of the world’s best skiers and show your support.
March 17th – Join Steve Young, the former San Francisco 49er as well as a group of NFL athletes and Olympians for the Steve Young Celebrity Ski Classic on March 17th at Snowbird Ski Area, where they will be raising money for Wasatch Adaptive Sports programs. Presented by the Forever Young Foundation, Snowbird Ski Resort and American Airlines, this fundraiser is a great Alta event that combines the love of skiing with a good cause.
March 22nd – 23rd – If you’re coming to Alta with your kids for some spring skiing, we highly recommend stopping by The Living Planet Aquarium for OffSpring Fling from March 22nd to 23rd an Alta event that’s all about baby animals! With interactive activities, hands-on games, crafts and prizes, this is certain to be a fun day for your whole family and the event is free with public aquarium admission.
March 22nd – 25th – The 26th Annual ACE SnowFlake Festival & Chili Cookoff is being held from the 22nd to 25th of March this year, and will be four days of celebration all about the Town of Alta. One of our top Alta events, the festivities include:
- A kickoff dance party
- Mustache competition
- Snowshoe tours
- Games including: a gnome hunt, tug of war, fly casting contest, potato sack race and more
- Bingo night
- Annual chilli cookoff with prizes in both vegetarian and on-vegetarian categories
Where to stay for Alta Events – The Alta Peruvian Lodge
There are a lot of Alta events going on in March, and when you combine them with the great spring skiing we’re expecting, how can you not book a trip to an Alta lodge today? If you’re looking for a classic ski lodge with great amenities, why not try out the Alta Peruvian Lodge? We’ve been in Alta for over 60 years and we know exactly how to help you get the most out of your spring skiing trip.
Recently we’ve been inspired by a few posts circling the internet on Alta and the various accommodation choices available to visitors. Among those is the Alta Peruvian Lodge, our traditional ski lodge that has been an Alta landmark since 1948. We may be biased, but we think that there are a ton of great reasons to stay at our Alta lodge on during your next trip, and here are a few reasons why.
Why Stay at our Alta Lodge?
- 1. History and Charm. Our Alta lodge has been around for a long time, over 60 years in fact, and because of that, the Alta Peruvian Lodge has developed a unique character that’s hard to find anywhere else. With a classic ski lodge vibe, combined with great “new-world” amenities, our lodge has everything you need to experience a ski vacation, the way it’s meant to be.
- 2. We have everything you need for a fun vacation. From a games room and nightly movie to comfy common room and a great bar (for adult guests) we provide you with the means to create a fun, relaxing ski vacation for your entire group, regardless of age.
- 3. Perfect for relaxing. Looking to kick back after a long day on the slopes? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. With our amazing outdoor pools and hot tubs (which overlook the mountain), sauna and cozy common rooms, we guarantee that you have everything you need to relax after a great day of skiing.
- 4. We feed you! Having your breakfast, lunch and dinner included in your stay (as well as après ski treats) isn’t a common occurrence in the world of traditional ski lodges anymore, but luckily, the Alta Peruvian lodge as well as the other lodges in Alta have clung to the tradition of keeping our guests full and satisfied!
- 5. Great Staff (if we do say so ourselves). Our staff is made up of people who love to ski. That means that we have the passion, expertise and skills to help you get the most out of your trip to Alta. We’ve experienced it all when it comes to Alta, which makes us some of the best resources you can find and we want to share our knowledge with you.
- 6. In-house ski shop. Alta is known for its powder snow and having the right equipment is necessary to get the most out of your ski trip. Our in-house Alta Peruvian Lodge ski shop, is staffed with experienced skiers who know their gear and can help outfit effectively for our ski conditions.
Basically, we love skiing, we love Alta, and we think that if you like either or both of those things then you’ll love staying at the Alta Peruvian Lodge. If you agree why not try our Alta Lodge for your next ski vacation?