Tagged under Utah Events
No matter which season you decide to visit Alta, there are always plenty of great activities for both tourists and visitors alike! Come enjoy our vibrant local culture and see why so many people choose Alta as their favourite vacation destination. On Saturday September 8, the Alta Peruvian Lodge is hosting the exciting downhill dash at 4pm. Read below for more information on why you should attend this event!
Alta is a quaint resort town which is surrounded by beautiful scenery and world quality skiing conditions. This is a perfect vacation spot for lovers of the outdoors with wild life spotting, hiking, mountain biking and many more activities on offer. Our friendly Alta Peruvian Lodge staff can help you discover some excellent locations that only the locals know about and also help you find transport, but in the meantime here are five stunning reasons to visit Alta. (more…)
When it comes to your wedding, you’ve probably dreamed of the perfect day for years. One of the biggest aspects of having the ideal wedding is the venue for your reception and ceremony, the backdrop for one of the most important days in your life. With so many options available, it isn’t always easy or clear which venue is right for your wedding so, to help make your life a little easier, we’ve written some tips on how to choose the best Alta Utah wedding venue.
Things to keep in Mind When Choosing an Alta Utah Wedding Venue
Depending on the time of year that you’re planning on getting married and how many guests you’re planning on having, it’s important to choose a venue that can accommodate groups from large too small. It’s also important to take into account the convenience of whether or not you want your reception and ceremony in the same location, how many of your guests will need a hotel (if they’re coming from out of town) and how convenient it will be for you to organize your banquet and decorations. When analyzing your venue options we suggest thinking about:
- How many guests you will have
- How many guest are coming in from out of town and will need accommodations
- If you’d like the venue itself to provide food or if you will be using a separate caterer
- Whether you’d like your ceremony and reception to be inside or outside
- Whether you’d like your ceremony and reception in the same location
Once you’ve narrowed your Alta Utah wedding venue options down to a few finalists, it’s important to check their availability and then book appointments to go and visit the locations to make sure that it is exactly what you’re looking for. The last thing that you want is to be unpleasantly surprised the day of your wedding. When visiting locations make sure to bring all of your questions and concerns with you so you can get an accurate picture of how each venue will handle your wedding.
Why Choose the Alta Peruvian Lodge as your Alta Utah Wedding Venue
Whether you decide on an intimate elopement or an extravagant ceremony and reception, Alta, Utah has some great options, including the Alta Peruvian Lodge, where you can take advantage of the picturesque locales that Utah’s mountainous regions are known for. Our beautiful hot summers offer the perfect choice for a sunny, stunning outdoor ceremony in July and August, and this year is no exception. We’re booking up fast, so if you’re interested in our Alta Utah wedding venue, try reading our recent blog post on our Alta wedding services, and contacting our General Manager, Todd Collins at 801-742-3000.
The summer is an extremely popular season for weddings in Alta, Utah, and even though our lodge may be closed to the general public, because of this we’re able to offer some great options for couples hoping to hold their wedding in a beautiful, scenic mountain venue. Our picturesque location offers a stunning backdrop to your special day, and we’ve hosted many happy ceremonies on our grounds, with quite a few already book for the upcoming season! To help ensure that the outdoor grounds are dry enough for the best outdoor event possible, most of our weddings guests tend to book with us no earlier than the end of June, but we are open for events from May onward.
Weddings in Alta Utah – Services
Since our hotel is officially closed for the season starting in April, we’re unable to offer lodging for you or your weddings guests. However, there are rooms available at the nearby Cliff Lodge allowing for you to spend a few days enjoying all that Alta, Utah has to offer in the summer.
As part of our Alta, Utah wedding package that includes a ceremony and reception at the lodge (available for a fee of $2,500.00) we can provide you with:
- Use of our dining room, the Alf Engen Meeting Room and our outdoor grounds
- Chairs and banquet tables as needed for both the ceremony and reception
- Full use of our public restrooms near the reception area
- Changing rooms for you and your guests
- Access to the lodge a few days prior to the event for you to set up decorations and furniture, as well as access to the lodge for a few days after the wedding for decoration and furniture take-down
- Access to the reception area and lodge for without a time-limit the evening of your reception. You can celebrate with your guests as late into the evening as you see fit!
Weddings in Alta Utah – Suggestions for the best Alta Wedding at Alta Peruvian Lodge
Without our regular hotel staff available, we cannot provide food or catering services, however, we can make our kitchens and spaces available to a catering company of your choice for food preparation and staging. To have the best wedding in Alta Utah possible, we suggest hiring a caterer who can provide the appropriate serving and bartending staff as well as their own dishes, silverware, linens, serving utensils, alcohol and can operate independently of a functioning kitchen. If that is an option for you, then our large kitchen-space offers the ideal staging location for your wedding banquet.
If you’re interested in finding out how the Alta Peruvian Lodge can help you have the wedding of your dreams, call our hotel’s General Manager, Todd Collins, at 801-742-3000. Todd can answer all of your questions about staging, what Alta, Utah wedding services we can provide as well as available dates for 2012.
This April is going to be a great time to do some spring skiing in Alta and have some fun participating in some great Alta events, a few even take place at our very own Alta Peruvian Lodge. Check out the upcoming events and remember to book early, spring skiing in Alta is a popular time!
Alta Events in April
April 6th- The Alta Gala is an annual event put on by Alta Community Enrichment, Friends of Alta and Alta Historical Society to raise money for these non-profit organizations as well as awareness of the arts, environment and history of Alta. The event goes from 6:30 to 11:00pm and costs $115 per person prior to March 23rd. After that it is $125 per person.
April 8th – Anyone coming to Alta for some spring skiing needs to take advantage of some of the great Alta events we having during the spring season. One of the best is the Annual Easter Egg hunt that Alta Community Enrichment puts on at the beginning of April. The event takes place at the Alta Java Area of the Albion Grill and starts at 11:00am. The event is open to kids under 12, but eggs go quickly, so make sure to get there on time!
April 6th – April 18th –This year, Alta will celebrate spring with “Alta in April” a week of Alta events for the whole family. These events include the Alta Gala and the Easter Egg hunt (mentioned above) and the many events listed below, and is sure to be a week full of fun for everyone doing some spring skiing in Alta this year. The April in Alta events include:
- Saturday, April 7: Powder House Ski Shop’s Spring Demo Day which will include live music and snacks on the GMD deck (weather permitting)
- Monday, April 9: Apres Ski Pool Party at our very own Alta Peruvian Lodge (Pool Deck, 4-6 pm)
- Tuesday, April 10: Apres Ski at Alta’s Rustler Lodge complete with wine and appetizers (Eagle’s Nest Lounge, 4-6pm)
- Wednesday, April 11: Apres Ski at the Shallow Shaft Restaurant featuring Epic Brewing (4-6 pm)
- Thursday, April 12: Apres Ski at The Snowpine Lodge with ski races in the afternoon on Sunnyside as well as beer and hotdogs at Alf’s Mid-Mountain Restaurant
- Friday, April 13: Freaky Friday Stretchpants and Sunglasses Costumed Ski Day (there are prizes for the “best dressed” which will be drawn on the GMD deck at 3:30 pm)
- Sunday, April 15: First Closing Day of the 2011-2012 ski season
Stay at the Alta Peruvian Lodge: A Great Headquarters for all of your Alta events!
The Alta Peruvian Lodge has been an Alta lodging staple for years, and this spring is no exception. We love spring skiing and we know you will too, so why not call our Alta Lodge staff today and book yourself a room?
Spring skiing is hugely popular in Alta and we have many great Alta events in the local ski areas as well as in town to keep you entertained during your spring skiing getaway!
Alta Events You Can’t miss in March
March 13th – 17th – The Subaru World Freeskiing Championships are coming to Snowbird Ski Area and spectators are encouraged (a valid lift ticket and ski equipment is necessary to access the spectator area). This is sure to be one of the many Alta events put on that are not to be missed by ski enthusiasts. Stop by and check out the great skills of some of the world’s best skiers and show your support.
March 17th – Join Steve Young, the former San Francisco 49er as well as a group of NFL athletes and Olympians for the Steve Young Celebrity Ski Classic on March 17th at Snowbird Ski Area, where they will be raising money for Wasatch Adaptive Sports programs. Presented by the Forever Young Foundation, Snowbird Ski Resort and American Airlines, this fundraiser is a great Alta event that combines the love of skiing with a good cause.
March 22nd – 23rd – If you’re coming to Alta with your kids for some spring skiing, we highly recommend stopping by The Living Planet Aquarium for OffSpring Fling from March 22nd to 23rd an Alta event that’s all about baby animals! With interactive activities, hands-on games, crafts and prizes, this is certain to be a fun day for your whole family and the event is free with public aquarium admission.
March 22nd – 25th – The 26th Annual ACE SnowFlake Festival & Chili Cookoff is being held from the 22nd to 25th of March this year, and will be four days of celebration all about the Town of Alta. One of our top Alta events, the festivities include:
- A kickoff dance party
- Mustache competition
- Snowshoe tours
- Games including: a gnome hunt, tug of war, fly casting contest, potato sack race and more
- Bingo night
- Annual chilli cookoff with prizes in both vegetarian and on-vegetarian categories
Where to stay for Alta Events – The Alta Peruvian Lodge
There are a lot of Alta events going on in March, and when you combine them with the great spring skiing we’re expecting, how can you not book a trip to an Alta lodge today? If you’re looking for a classic ski lodge with great amenities, why not try out the Alta Peruvian Lodge? We’ve been in Alta for over 60 years and we know exactly how to help you get the most out of your spring skiing trip.
Recently we’ve been inspired by a few posts circling the internet on Alta and the various accommodation choices available to visitors. Among those is the Alta Peruvian Lodge, our traditional ski lodge that has been an Alta landmark since 1948. We may be biased, but we think that there are a ton of great reasons to stay at our Alta lodge on during your next trip, and here are a few reasons why.
Why Stay at our Alta Lodge?
- 1. History and Charm. Our Alta lodge has been around for a long time, over 60 years in fact, and because of that, the Alta Peruvian Lodge has developed a unique character that’s hard to find anywhere else. With a classic ski lodge vibe, combined with great “new-world” amenities, our lodge has everything you need to experience a ski vacation, the way it’s meant to be.
- 2. We have everything you need for a fun vacation. From a games room and nightly movie to comfy common room and a great bar (for adult guests) we provide you with the means to create a fun, relaxing ski vacation for your entire group, regardless of age.
- 3. Perfect for relaxing. Looking to kick back after a long day on the slopes? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. With our amazing outdoor pools and hot tubs (which overlook the mountain), sauna and cozy common rooms, we guarantee that you have everything you need to relax after a great day of skiing.
- 4. We feed you! Having your breakfast, lunch and dinner included in your stay (as well as après ski treats) isn’t a common occurrence in the world of traditional ski lodges anymore, but luckily, the Alta Peruvian lodge as well as the other lodges in Alta have clung to the tradition of keeping our guests full and satisfied!
- 5. Great Staff (if we do say so ourselves). Our staff is made up of people who love to ski. That means that we have the passion, expertise and skills to help you get the most out of your trip to Alta. We’ve experienced it all when it comes to Alta, which makes us some of the best resources you can find and we want to share our knowledge with you.
- 6. In-house ski shop. Alta is known for its powder snow and having the right equipment is necessary to get the most out of your ski trip. Our in-house Alta Peruvian Lodge ski shop, is staffed with experienced skiers who know their gear and can help outfit effectively for our ski conditions.
Basically, we love skiing, we love Alta, and we think that if you like either or both of those things then you’ll love staying at the Alta Peruvian Lodge. If you agree why not try our Alta Lodge for your next ski vacation?
Alta is a great place to visit all year-round, but we find that many people underestimate the appeal of coming to visit our Alta Peruvian Lodge in January! While the holidays are a popular time to travel to an Alta hotel, some of our guests find it a little too crowded for their tastes and they prefer coming when the holidays are winding down and taking advantage of some of the great Alta events we have going on after the decorations are put away!
December 31st – On New Year’s Eve, Alta holds its traditional torchlight parade and fireworks! It follows the main cat track and is open for visitors to participate (as long as they can hold a snowplow down the whole track!). If you’re just interested in watching, the Goldminers Daughter is a good location, or you can park along the road for a good view as well. Why not visit Alta for our last seasonal event of 2011, and get the New Year started off right?
January 13th & 14th – Throughout weekends in January 2012 (weather permitting) Alta Ski Area hosts recreational racing which is open to anyone who wants to participate! Gold, Silver and Bronze Alta pins are awarded to winners, which are chosen based on a handicap system by age and gender. These Ski events are a great way to improve your skiing skills, and enjoy a little friendly competition while you’re visiting an Alta hotel.
January 18th – 22nd – The North Face Master’s of Snowboarding competition takes place in the Snowbird Ski Area this weekend and spectators are welcome! This event is a big opportunity for snowboarders with a $15,000.00 cash prize purse going to the winner. All competitors over the age of 18 are welcome, so if you want to show your skill (or just watch some great snowboarding) why not stop by and check it out? This is a ski event not to be missed if you’re in the area!
January 20th – Are you concerned with the environment? Well if you’re staying at an Alta hotel on the 20th why not stop by the Living Planet Aquarium in nearby Sandy, Utah where they’re celebrating National Penguin Awareness Day with everything from a penguin feeding exhibit, to a penguin themed scavenger hunt! If you show up in all black and white or a tux, your admission is free!
Every year we get an enormous influx of visitors to the Alta Peruvian Lodge over the holiday hoping to take advantage of the great ski conditions in Alta, Utah, but skiing isn’t the only great thing going on in our town over the holidays! If you’re thinking of visiting the Alta hotel area in November or December, we recommend checking out the following events which are a great way to get into the seasonal spirit.
Gear Swap 2011, December 2 & 3 – The Annual Ace Gear Swap in Alta is a must-visit event at the beginning of the ski season. If you’re looking to upgrade your gear or simply get a great bargain you should stop by the event which shares 15% of every purchase with Alta Community Enrichment. Gear drop off takes place on December 2nd from 3:00pm – 7:00pm while the actual sales take place on December 3rd from 8:00am – 6:00pm. This is an extremely popular event in for guests of Alta, Ut hotels, so make sure to come by early so you don’t miss out!
Holiday Art Show & Sale, December 10 – Looking to buy some unique and local gifts for friends and family back home? Why not stop by this local event which features locally-crafted jewellery, arts and more!
Torchlight Parade & Fireworks, December 24 – A traditional holiday event here in Alta is the Snowbird Santa’s Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade & Fireworks. The event begins at dusk (around 6pm) with a torchlight parade down the mountain followed by a fabulous fireworks display.
The Alta hotel area is a great place to spend your holidays, but don’t wait too long to book! Our hotel is booking up quickly and space is limited. Call Alta Peruvian Lodge today for reservation details.