(800) 453-8488

The Peruvian History

Constructed over six decades ago, the Peruvian originated as two World War II barracks that were sliced into four parts & hauled up the steep Little Cottonwood Canyon to Alta, Utah. Lead by Ed Gibbs, the barracks were reconstructed, reconfigured & repurposed and placed at the base of the Alta Ski area. By the ski season of 1948, the Peruvian was open.